Shrek the sea slug

Salt Daddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s one of my favorite marine life forms! It’s a dolabella sea slug. We call them Super Kami Gurus… they eat the heck out of algae especially red algae. He will grow BIG and FAT. Make sure he has plenty to eat. If he dies or starts to get into fights get him out of the tank asap. These gentle giants don’t start fights… but they will finish them… their ink is toxic and can nuke smaller tanks.

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s one of my favorite marine life forms! It’s a dolabella sea slug. We call them Super Kami Gurus… they eat the heck out of algae especially red algae. He will grow BIG and FAT. Make sure he has plenty to eat. If he dies or starts to get into fights get him out of the tank asap. These gentle giants don’t start fights… but they will finish them… their ink is toxic and can nuke smaller tanks.
I moved him to my "QT" he's only company are bristleworms.
It grows a lot of algae but I think he need to move back to my sump where he'll get a good feed

NMU1963

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify this slug.
I got it in hope it will eat the caulerpa

Sea hare. Great for getting rid of the nasty hair algae. The LRS’s should rent them out because once they’ve done their job and there’s nothing left to eat they will die

Salt Daddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved him to my "QT" he's only company are bristleworms.
It grows a lot of algae but I think he need to move back to my sump where he'll get a good feed
Your doing the right thing. Keep ‘em fed. I run a higher light cycle (to produce extra algae ) for the two I have. I also let the sides dirty on the glass (save for the front) Currently one of them is dropped in my back flow( tons of algae back there) I’ll extract him in a week or 2 with some tongs. I love these little guys.

Back