Shrek the sea slug

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nice. I’ve seen them run about $12 to $40 at LFSs, depending on size.
 
That’s one of my favorite marine life forms! It’s a dolabella sea slug. We call them Super Kami Gurus… they eat the heck out of algae especially red algae. He will grow BIG and FAT. Make sure he has plenty to eat. If he dies or starts to get into fights get him out of the tank asap. These gentle giants don’t start fights… but they will finish them… their ink is toxic and can nuke smaller tanks.
 
That’s one of my favorite marine life forms! It’s a dolabella sea slug. We call them Super Kami Gurus… they eat the heck out of algae especially red algae. He will grow BIG and FAT. Make sure he has plenty to eat. If he dies or starts to get into fights get him out of the tank asap. These gentle giants don’t start fights… but they will finish them… their ink is toxic and can nuke smaller tanks.
I moved him to my "QT" he's only company are bristleworms.
It grows a lot of algae but I think he need to move back to my sump where he'll get a good feed
 
Can anyone identify this slug.
I got it in hope it will eat the caulerpa

Sea hare. Great for getting rid of the nasty hair algae. The LRS’s should rent them out because once they’ve done their job and there’s nothing left to eat they will die
 
Sea hare. Great for getting rid of the nasty hair algae. The LRS’s should rent them out because once they’ve done their job and there’s nothing left to eat they will die
Which is why he's in his own tank. I keep the front glass clean so it has 2 sides.
 
I moved him to my "QT" he's only company are bristleworms.
It grows a lot of algae but I think he need to move back to my sump where he'll get a good feed
Your doing the right thing. Keep ‘em fed. I run a higher light cycle (to produce extra algae ) for the two I have. I also let the sides dirty on the glass (save for the front) Currently one of them is dropped in my back flow( tons of algae back there) I’ll extract him in a week or 2 with some tongs. I love these little guys.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new