Shrimp and reef lobster document!

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, and here again with another document about shrimp all because I was scrolling through R2R forums as usual and I heard about Bongo shrimp and fell in love with how beautiful they are, so I started doing some research on other unique species of shrimp and in the end decided to make a document. Direct link to the document
Make sure to take a look at the bottom to see at the different categories of shrimp and use the arrows to see the categories that don't fit on the bottom. As always, I always get some things wrong as I can only be so correct so, please let me know if anything is wrong or if you have any feedback!

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a good idea. I would include a brief blurb on things to consider with each type of shrimp. I haven't had any problems with aggression with my pistol shrimp, but it hoards coral frags if it can get them loose, and I am getting rid of it for that reason. I wish I had known they do that when I bought him. Including things like that on your list would be a good idea. Or like what shrimp harass what corals/anemones, etc.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this with our community!

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
provide a picture of the shrimp you IDing in your document. Also what is a reef shrimp?
There is a photo column to the very right will photos of everything ID'd in the documents. "Reef shrimp" are basically small shrimp that would live in the reef more among coral that isn't a cleaner shrimp. If anyone has a better name please let me know

Bradig326

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumblebee shrimp are also obligate starfish eaters like harlequin shrimp. They occasionally feed on prepared foods, but that's their preferenc

Hi, and here again with another document about shrimp all because I was scrolling through R2R forums as usual and I heard about Bongo shrimp and fell in love with how beautiful they are, so I started doing some research on other unique species of shrimp and in the end decided to make a document. Direct link to the document
Make sure to take a look at the bottom to see at the different categories of shrimp and use the arrows to see the categories that don't fit on the bottom. As always, I always get some things wrong as I can only be so correct so, please let me know if anything is wrong or if you have any feedback!

I love my bumblebee shrimp. He eats most meaty food. I feel like I pull out more astrena stars than it eats.
IMG20230126192404~2.jpg

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @1epauletteshark , I love decapods, although technically not a "shrimp" (the taxonomy of shrimp can be complex) your inclusion of the Reef Lobster and the Reef 2 Reef FB page using my photo. I have included a few of my photos of my personal collection of decapods here, please feel free to use them.

Enoplometopus debelius.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%

Back