Shrimp Goby + Pistol Shrimp ~ they amaze me!

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our 75g reef that has been up for over a year and I had a pair of Tomiyama Shrimp Goby and Tiger Pistol in there since the first week. I'd see the Goby every so often, then 2 months would go by and he'd show up again. For the last 2 months I haven't seen him so I figured he must have died and the Pistol Shrimp outlived him.

Long story short, I bought a pair of Wheeler's Watchman Goby's and introduced them to the tank on Thursday. I swear to you, they were in the tank maybe 5 minutes and the Pistol Shrimp showed up at one of his cave openings. I don't know how he knew that the Gobies were in there, but he was making barely noticable clicks with his claws and 10 minutes later both Gobies had disappeared into his cave. Now they take turns guarding one of the 4 cave openings and the Shrimp is busy at work.

Just amazing!

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's awesome. get some pix, if possible :)

i swear these things have receptors that are able to detect an intended subject. your shrimp and gobies, and my harlequin and stars. i watched my harly the other day after i put a piece of a chocolate chip in the tank. she came to the general area (didn't see me put it in), then started going in the opposite direction. only went a few steps, then backed up and went in the other direction and found the chunk. she was wiping her sensor pads the entire time.

there are some amazing critters in this world :haha:

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I thought I was ready with camera, they'd disappear. This tank is a room divider so it's viewable from 3 sides so I can easily track where they area..

Talking about Harlequins, I've got a pair in thi ttank too and one of them is climbing up the overflow in search of Asterinas. This particular one lost one of his/her big claws earlier this week. Not sure what happened. They are fun to watch for sure :)

nellahtes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, i have him in a 20 gallon with a green chromis, cardinal, rainsford goby, lawnmower blenny, and a golden dwarf eel. not worried about any of them. hes just so darn tiny.

Back