Shrimp Resurrection?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GMay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GMay

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
161
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I just finished transferring all the livestock from a JBJ 28 gallon tank to me new 65 gallon tank. So yesterday I was breaking down the 28 and cleaning it out. Well I moved the empty tank with sand to the back steps to wash it out with the hose. As I was doing this I flushed the back filter compartment and a Peppermint shrimp came washing out. It is now in my new display tank. I had added 2 shrimp to the tank in early April of last year, and a few days later they were both gone.

Even when you think something is dead and gone it may not be. The Gomer Pile response was, "well I'll be". :D
 
Haha. When I emptied the 40+55 gal. Tanks to the new 120 if found so many frags and plugs that were long forgotten....surprisingly 90% of what I found grew back or was still alive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new