shrimps in one tank?

fishboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I have 2 cleaner shrimp in my tank? I have a 29 gallon fowlr. Or maybe one cleaner shrimp and one red shrimp? Forgot their actual name. Can I put two shrimps in one tank? What are some cool shrimp that will get along with the cleaner shrimp? Can I have two cleaners? Thanks

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaners will form prs in a tank, so yes you can have 2. A cleaner and a blood shrimp will also coexist. Any species of Lysmata, will work too, so peppermints or deep water cleaner shrimp. Depending on the fish in your tank most other shrimp will work, just be wary of coral banded shrimp.

arthurcid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have in a tank of 50 gallons: 4 Banded Coral shrimps, 1 Cleaner Shrimp, 3 snapping shrimps (pistol) (I think two of them are a couple because they share the same cave) and 3 Blood red fire Shrimps and they live perfectly there without any troubles. I haven't seen any fights

Gibbasso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 cleaner shrimp 1 fire shrimp and 1 coral banded shrimp in a 70 gallon tank. All are very happy and I've no complaints.

Marty.h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 cleaner and 1 blood red had no issues. I do however feed them all a little piece of mussel every few days and have them all in a line eating there own piece facinating to watch :)

I have to feed them like that as I'm currently fallow if not they would normally just feed when I fed the fish.

rosieosieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in an 8gal: 3 sexy shrimp, peppermint shrimp, harlequin shrimp, two anemone shrimp, and I have had a blood and a cleaner. soon to be bumblebee shrimp as well. :) just make sure they both have food!

OrlandoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a blood, cleaner, and peppermint in a ten gallon worst thing I saw was the blood and cleaner have a disagreement about the best cave to live in after it settled they both never fought again the peppermint shrimp just roamed and ate aptasia

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 cleaner and 2 blood red shrimp in a 90 gal tank. They get on ok but the bigger bulkier blood shrimp show the cleaners who is boss.

Being bigger I think there is a hierarchy and they get to go where they want. They nip at the cleaners now and then but they just get out of the way. I guess it's because I have two of each they have formed a distinctive pair each. Otherwise fine.

I'm not sure how many you should keep in a 90 gal tank. I might get some more but they do pinch food from my corals when I target feed etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back