Shrunk BTA maybe cause clownfish?

ZoaFreak88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Lexington Ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rose BTA and I’ve noticed since recently my clown started to host it and actually just lay in it. Would it cause my BTA not to like it and be shrunk like in the pictures. All of my parameters are solid except I could use some nitrates. Trying to raise them. The dang fish act like they haven’t ever eaten haha.
20260125_194255_97952816-91B7-49ED-8EB4-6678A2A5EA93.png

20260125_194255_C18431BD-163C-439A-AC88-2D95D0C3EAF8.png
 
Clownfish being too passionate or aggressive with an anemone can kill an anemone. You might need a larger anemone or a smaller clown.
 
Hopefully the clownfish will calm down and not be as rough on the BTA. If it continues it can definitely kill it. The size when fully expanded becomes irrelevant if the clown causes it to fully deflate, and it becomes smaller than the clownfish.
 
If you have an aclimation box I would consider moving the anemone to it, just to get the clownfish off of it for a couple of days
 
Just got my BTA, how do you get a captive bred clownfish (black storm - female) to host it?

I know it’s a super generic question but any tips would be great.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new