Shutting off Q

  • Thread starter Thread starter authentic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2012
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
882
Location
coral springs florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My clowns are spawning,I have a 160 gal reef tank full of sps... I am concerned with shutting down all of my pumps and return for hours waiting to catch the fry,,I bought a large air pump(had a small one but didn't think it was enough)planning on shutting everything,pushing a lot of air,leave it off for 3-4hours,wale up and cat h the fry with a siphon ,thoughts on this plan??
 
Did the clowns lay on a rock that can be removed? I think instead of risking all your SPS, move the rock to a different tank or even a bucket with a powerhead and heater, and after they've all hatched put the rock back.
 
You can use some strategically placed hardline tube and and air pump to collect up the fry in a container as they hatch. @Paul B.
 
Do you have an APEX? I usually turn down the flow on my tank at night to collect my Manderin spawns but the flow kicks back up after x amount of time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new