Sicce 3.5 or 4.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xmoji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sicce 3.5 or 4.0?

  • 3.5

  • 4.0


Results are only viewable after voting.

Xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2014
Messages
949
Reaction score
730
Location
Chicago, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will be starting a 57 gallon rimless tank with a 25 gallon capacity sump. The tank will be a mixed reef, the sump will be a Berlin style sump with the return in the last chamber. I will have at least one reactor feeding off of the return line pump. I am not sure if I should go with the Sicce Syncra 3.5 or 4.0. I will have about 4 ft head loss.

I have been researching for days and can't come to a conclusion. I see pros and cons with both so am interested in your suggestions. What are your guys thoughts?

Thanks!!!! Happy reefing.
 
The sicce can be dialed back right from the pump intake and it does not damage the pump. I messaged sicce about this when I first got the pump. I think the 3.5 will be more than adequate I run a 2.5 on my 65 and have plenty of flow.
 
The smaller one has plenty of flow, but you didn't say how much flow the reactor needs.
This is a good week to buy pumps. ( black Friday deals)
 
The sicce can be dialed back right from the pump intake and it does not damage the pump. I messaged sicce about this when I first got the pump. I think the 3.5 will be more than adequate I run a 2.5 on my 65 and have plenty of flow.
When you dial back the amount of flow does the amount of power it uses go down as well?
 
The smaller one has plenty of flow, but you didn't say how much flow the reactor needs.
This is a good week to buy pumps. ( black Friday deals)
Not sure how much flow exactly one of the mini BRS reactor for carbon only. Will definitely take advantage of those savings!!
 
When you dial back the amount of flow does the amount of power it uses go down as well?


I've read that it is suppose to. But it's only 68 watts to begin with.

FWIW, I see that the sicce is $97.29 today only at Bulkreefsupply.com and PremiumAquatics.com
 
I've read that it is suppose to. But it's only 68 watts to begin with.

FWIW, I see that the sicce is $97.29 today only at Bulkreefsupply.com and PremiumAquatics.com
Yeah I saw that I think I'm going to go with the 3.5 then. Thanks!
 
When you dial back the amount of flow does the amount of power it uses go down as well?


Unfortunately power consumption does not go down. There is a rotating flow restrictor on the intake side of the pump. This is what regulates the flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new