Sicce psk pump noise

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Red Sea max s400 that came with 2 sicce psk return pumps. Tank has been up for only 10 days. 1 of the pumps quit working over the weekend. Red Sea had me disassemble and clean it, but maintenance is not the issue I noticed with pump apart and impeller installed that impeller is not running smoothly and making grinding noise so I’m thinking that the bearing in body of pump is bad. Another thing I have finally figured out that humming noise from tank is not return pump but is coming from circulation pumps with 1 out and other shut off tank is quiet. Also there are no suction cups for feet on bottom of pumps. Are they supposed to come with? That would definitely make tank quiet. I’m currently waiting for RedSea to get back to me to resolve bad pump issue.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the S650 and yes you do get a slight hum from those rear circulation pumps.

They don’t have feet but hang in the back, and rest on a thin ‘pad’ in the rear chamber

Ive replaced all 4 of them with 2 MP40’s because they were a pain to get out and clean and I wish I done it years ago!

OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the S650 and yes you do get a slight hum from those rear circulation pumps.

They don’t have feet but hang in the back, and rest on a thin ‘pad’ in the rear chamber

Ive replaced all 4 of them with 2 MP40’s because they were a pain to get out and clean and I wish I done it years ago!
By pads do you mean those plastic egg crate looking things that came with tank? set up instructions didn’t show them i did not know what they were for.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By pads do you mean those plastic egg crate looking things that came with tank? set up instructions didn’t show them i did not know what they were for.
Mine were pre installed, there not egg crate, just thin ‘pads’ on the inside of the rear chamber.

You could add your own version, to try and suppress the vibration

Back