Sicce pump percentages

Smoke-Town

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
332
Reaction score
352
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my sicce sdc 7.0 is rated at 800-1900 gph, and the lowest setting on the controller is 5 percent which must be 800, does that mean it's roughly 55 gph per 5 percent?
 
If my sicce sdc 7.0 is rated at 800-1900 gph, and the lowest setting on the controller is 5 percent which must be 800, does that mean it's roughly 55 gph per 5 percent?
I highly doubt it because the power to flow rate likely isn't linear due to pump efficiency being higher at a higher wattage. What's your end goal? There are very few applications where you need an exact GPH.
 
Looking to dial in my uv pump. I'll eventually get something together to catch the return water and measure it, but was trying to ballpark it until then
 
Looking to dial in my uv pump. I'll eventually get something together to catch the return water and measure it, but was trying to ballpark it until then
Yeah, unfortunately without a flow meter or a way to test the actual output its just a guessing game.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new