Sicce SDC 3.0 very week flow 4.5ft head

  • Thread starter Thread starter gregdepot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gregdepot

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
27
Location
Klamath Falls
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, installed a SDC as a secondary pump and also for its monitoring features it claims 400GPH at this height to me it seems like 100 or so GPH? Its going almost straight up soft I think 1/2 or 5/8 tubing the middle size. The hang on return is double 90s. The Syncra 3.0 id say is running around 500gph at this height and with the same type of return seems to be flow considerably more water. I have taken it apart and purged it for air etc. not sure if this is normal or if I should contact Sicce.

Thanks
 
Sounds about right...

My sdc6.0 at 100% runs at 550gpl split. Thats using 1" all the way to a 1" to 3/4 Y and not a T.

1662157333608.png


1662157460545.png



The SDC have more Dive on flow rate than the Silents and at 4.5ft. Completely unrestricted i bet you get 290gph at 100% and then you have some massive flow restrictions so I bet 100gph isnt out of the question
 

Attachments

  • 1662157433797.png
    1662157433797.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 185
With 3/4” tubing and going through a Emperor/Pentair 25W and the same return (which i think opens the corners up and less aggressive then 90?) I measured 68% at 130gph and 80GPH at 54%. So I guess 220-250gph is maybe what I was getting at 100%. Since it’s so low anyhow it makes more a simpler setup just making it the UV pump since easier to tune then adding a small AC pump. It still allows a trickle through the sump as a back up return pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new