Sicce SDC 6.0 False Temp Alarm

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon. I see very little on this issue. My pump was new in August. Last night I received an alert at 2am that the temp sensor on my return pump was reading 43C. I flew out of bed expecting cooked fish to find that all other temp readings were right at normal. During the night the temp reading on this pump went up and down from 36-43C. Other than that, running fine. Any suggestions other than calling Sicce? I did turn off and on but no change. Thank you.
Shawn

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to refer you to the sponsor forum. But looks like Sicce is no longer a sponsor. You may have no choice other than to call them.

Lance Fjeseth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to resolve the temp alarm issue? I have the same issue this morning with my SDC Xstream pump sending me alarms for over 104 degrees. I have a Inkbird ITC-306A with dual probes in the sump reading 77.1 and an in tank thermometer reading 77.0.

OP
OP
S

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Sicce and they basically said it common and there isn’t anything that can be done. I found that the issue comes and goes. It also happens with my powerhead. Sorry I cant be of more assistance.

Lance Fjeseth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Sicce and they basically said it common and there isn’t anything that can be done. I found that the issue comes and goes. It also happens with my powerhead. Sorry I cant be of more assistance.
Thank you for responding. I submitted a support email. The powerhead is reading 106 degrees now. Probably just turn off the alerts. I will comment if I have any updates.

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for responding. I submitted a support email. The powerhead is reading 106 degrees now. Probably just turn off the alerts. I will comment if I have any updates.
Hi! Just wondering if you had any resolution of the high temp reading for your Sicce pump. I have the Sicce SDC 9.0. It’s about two months use, was just cleaned, and has a high temp warning of 108.9. Of course it’s not 108 in my sump or tank but I can’t get it to reset and go back to normal temp readings again. It had been very steady up until yesterday, so I’m hopeful you were able to find a solution to pass on. Any luck?

OP
OP
S

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I never did get much of a resolution. Sicce told me it was an”extra” benefit item and not really meant to be counted on. Mine showed extremely high for a few weeks, but then went back to normal. Good luck.

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I never did get much of a resolution. Sicce told me it was an”extra” benefit item and not really meant to be counted on. Mine showed extremely high for a few weeks, but then went back to normal. Good luck.
Thank you for getting back to me! I can ignore the high temp warning, but if it causes my pump to shut down, that’ll clearly be an issue. Did yours ever shut itself down due to the high temp alert?

OP
OP
S

smd189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, it worked perfectly fine. After I dove out of bed at 2am to see if I had poached fish and found they were all fine, I ignored it and at somepoint it went back to normal. My powerhead had a spell to for awhile but eventually returned to normal. Good luck.

Back