Sicce SDV 9.0?

BakedFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased a Sicce SDC 9.0 return pump. I love the functionality of the pump however I'm very disappointed in the constant very noticeable hum/vibration that this pump puts out. I purchased this pump one because of their quiet reputation and 2 because of the functionality. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been running this pump for about 3 weeks and its been the same since I plugged it in.

20201204_102909.jpg

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! There are a ton of reviews stating they hum and vibrate quite a bit. Some has to do with the commutation as well as they use a two pole motor. Most other Asian models and other well known brands use multi poles Eg 4-8. This helps with the vibration.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased a Sicce SDC 9.0 return pump. I love the functionality of the pump however I'm very disappointed in the constant very noticeable hum/vibration that this pump puts out. I purchased this pump one because of their quiet reputation and 2 because of the functionality. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been running this pump for about 3 weeks and its been the same since I plugged it in.

20201204_102909.jpg
Same thing with mine, I’ve got it set at 50% and it sounds like a car is running underneath my tank.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for about a month. Exact same problem. The pump works great I absolutely love the app. The temperature reading is more accurate than my digital thermometer but that humming noise that it makes nonstop.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least now I know mine isn’t broken. I was debating on trying to return it.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats exactly what it sounds like! Anything about 50% is unbearable.
That explains the huge price drop I guess, I think I ended up paying like $280? I’m not sure what they are now. That was during Black Friday month. Every place started their sales like two or three weeks before Black Friday

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to get rid of it but I can't deal with this constant hum in my living room.
I got through to Sicce, I spoke with Steve Berlin. Unbelievable customer service, not sure what you’ve done with your pump but they will take care of you replace the pump whatever, you need to get a hold of them they stand behind what they sell.

OP
OP
B

BakedFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got through to Sicce, I spoke with Steve Berlin. Unbelievable customer service, not sure what you’ve done with your pump but they will take care of you replace the pump whatever, you need to get a hold of them they stand behind what they sell.
Thanks, ill reach out.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you receive a new pump? If so is the noise gone?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you receive a new pump? If so is the noise gone?
They sent me a 7.0. I still have the 9.0. The 7.0 is completely silent but I kind of wanted the extra flow. I’m supposed to reach back on Monday and let them know. Really cool of them does send me another pump like that, but it’s not really the power I’m looking for. I would’ve thought they would’ve sent me that the same pump I had. Swap out 9.0‘s anyway they were great to deal with, I didn’t really get the pump that I wanted but I do have a completely silent pump now but it’s not really what I ordered or wanted so I guess I’ll figure out what I’m going to do by Monday?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a 7.0. I still have the 9.0. The 7.0 is completely silent but I kind of wanted the extra flow. I’m supposed to reach back on Monday and let them know. Really cool of them does send me another pump like that, but it’s not really the power I’m looking for. I would’ve thought they would’ve sent me that the same pump I had. Swap out 9.0‘s anyway they were great to deal with, I didn’t really get the pump that I wanted but I do have a completely silent pump now but it’s not really what I ordered or wanted so I guess I’ll figure out what I’m going to do by Monday?
So yes the noise is completely but with a different model pump?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you speak with Steve? That’s who I dealt with. Good guy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back