Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Fluval Evo 13.5 question

trembsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
36
Reaction score
59
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I went with a lot of recommendations and reviews and got the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 for my Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef tank.


As I slid it into the 3rd chamber, it wouldn’t go the whole way down as it was too large to slide past the intake vent for the second chamber.

Anyone have any tips? Am I doing it incorrectly?

Thanks in advance
 
I have the same setup. Yes, the pump does catch on that intake on the way down. What works for me is angling the pump initially in a way that lets me push against the plastic of the intake slightly so as to bend the lip of the intake out of the way. Later, when you pull it out for cleaning, you'll notice that the same thing occurs on the way up, but it's far easier because the intake plastic lip is pointed upwards and bends more easily in that direction. All I can really say is be patient, and after a few attempts you'll get there.
 
I have the same setup. Yes, the pump does catch on that intake on the way down. What works for me is angling the pump initially in a way that lets me push against the plastic of the intake slightly so as to bend the lip of the intake out of the way. Later, when you pull it out for cleaning, you'll notice that the same thing occurs on the way up, but it's far easier because the intake plastic lip is pointed upwards and bends more easily in that direction. All I can really say is be patient, and after a few attempts you'll get there.
Okay cool, I think I was just scared of forcing something and breaking it. I appreciate the tip
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new