Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Fluval Evo 13.5 question

trembsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I went with a lot of recommendations and reviews and got the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 for my Fluval Evo 13.5 Reef tank.

As I slid it into the 3rd chamber, it wouldn’t go the whole way down as it was too large to slide past the intake vent for the second chamber.

Anyone have any tips? Am I doing it incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

RZGreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup. Yes, the pump does catch on that intake on the way down. What works for me is angling the pump initially in a way that lets me push against the plastic of the intake slightly so as to bend the lip of the intake out of the way. Later, when you pull it out for cleaning, you'll notice that the same thing occurs on the way up, but it's far easier because the intake plastic lip is pointed upwards and bends more easily in that direction. All I can really say is be patient, and after a few attempts you'll get there.

OP
OP
trembsreef

trembsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup. Yes, the pump does catch on that intake on the way down. What works for me is angling the pump initially in a way that lets me push against the plastic of the intake slightly so as to bend the lip of the intake out of the way. Later, when you pull it out for cleaning, you'll notice that the same thing occurs on the way up, but it's far easier because the intake plastic lip is pointed upwards and bends more easily in that direction. All I can really say is be patient, and after a few attempts you'll get there.
Okay cool, I think I was just scared of forcing something and breaking it. I appreciate the tip

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%

Back