Sicce UV-C Clarifier experiences?

musicsmaker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Messages
177
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an Aqua Ultraviolet 15 watt on my 20 gallon, and was looking to upgrade to something that can go in the cabinet. I can't find any info here or on youtube, so I figured I would ask for your recommendations. Looking to keep the wattage 15W or below. Thanks!
 
I forgot that AUV had a different model that can be mounted. I'll probably go with that. The Sicce is too new, and I don't want my tank to be a guineapig for that one.

That TMC one says it has some kind of reflective coating that releases something chemical into the water. I'm not going anywhere near that one.
 
I forgot that AUV had a different model that can be mounted. I'll probably go with that. The Sicce is too new, and I don't want my tank to be a guineapig for that one.

That TMC one says it has some kind of reflective coating that releases something chemical into the water. I'm not going anywhere near that one.
Yeah, I only have the original version. Not sure if the claim that this newer "Titan" version produces Ozone is accurate. If it does, that could be a very annoying odor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new