Sick Anemone?

ecossebear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I bought an LTA a around 8 months ago from a fish shop. He was in a bad way (very bleached and closed up). With some tender loving care and eventually hosting my two clown fish, he started to thrive. His colour was great, he dug himself into the sand and I had no problems for months.

A couple of weeks ago he moved and looked a lot more shrivelled, almost like his insides are coming out. I assumed he had just eaten something that didn’t agree with him, but that was weeks ago and he just seems to be getting worse. The parameters have not changed at all on my tank, it is very established (7 or 8 years) and everything else seems fine. Is he dying and should I remove from the tank before he nukes it, or should I leave him? Anything I should be adding to the tank as medicine/dosing? Should I try and move him?

I have put some carbon in in case he does die off. The PH’s are covered over in a 3D printed mesh so there should be no risk of him moving and getting caught.

Thanks in advance.

82C57F23-C81B-44ED-BD1B-BC153D89FD02.jpeg

OP
OP
E

ecossebear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also should I move him to my hospital tank? I have a hospital tank with minimum live rock, and some critters (I put the filter floss from the display tank into the HT every week I do a water change).

I want to do whatever is best for the nem, without stressing him more whilst not nuking my display!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back