Sick Black Cap Basslet

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0378.jpg

I don't know what's going on with it or where I should start...I actually thought this fish was dead because I didn't see it for a while. I took it out of my DT and put it in my QT. Its been just hanging out on the bottom of the tank, its not breathing heavy but also not moving much. I don't see any ich on it, but this is the first situation I've had to deal with. Where should I start?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any possibility that someone was bullying this fellow?

Listlessness is a symptom of ... an awful lot of things, unfortunately. Hopefully, @melypr1985, @ngoodermuth or @Humblefish will be able to see something I can't . . .

~Bruce

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the fish QTd before entering the DT?

OP
OP
blkhawk10

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a good possibility something was bullying it but I can't say for sure as I never saw anything...No this fish wasn't qt'd before being put in the DT...I have 5 other fish in the tank that are all healthy.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a good possibility something was bullying it but I can't say for sure as I never saw anything...No this fish wasn't qt'd before being put in the DT...I have 5 other fish in the tank that are all healthy.

I would just let the basslet chill in QT, see what happens next. And turn off the lights for now. They are a deep-water species, and do better with a cave or some other way to get out of bright lighting.

Back