Sick Blue Hippo!

I once treated a blue tang with low salinity QT. I remember It took about 3 or 4 weeks to get rid of ich but it was successfully transferred to display tank after all.
 
The side view looks more like velvet. Are you positive your copper hasn’t fluctuated at all? How often do you test?
 
The side view looks more like velvet. Are you positive your copper hasn’t fluctuated at all? How often do you test?
I'm positive it's been 2.0 or even a tiny bit higher at 2.25 since 11/10. I just tested again today. I have been testing with the Hanna meter since 11/10 every couple of days. They were in the copper a couple of days before the 10th too but I couldn't read the API color chart so I bought the Hanna meter. And it's good I did because before 11/10 the level was almost a 4.0, thankfully no one died. It's been almost a week he's had spots...wouldn't velvet have killed him or his QT mates by now?
 
I think it looks like copper irritation, but I have not used copper in many years so I could easily be wrong
 
I think it looks like ich in the first pic, but the fuzzy stuf looks like dirt from qt tank waste on his slime coat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new