Sick fish help!

PJCulver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 6 months old. First saltwater tank. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0 nitrates 10. Temp 79.
My striped fang blenny all of a sudden acts larthargic. His breathing seems normal....not labored but he has always been very active, and now he just lays still on the bottom.
He has no signs of ich (all of my fish were quarentine before adding them to the tank). No signs of parasites or abrasions. Tank mates all get along great with zero aggression.
Nothing new has been added to the tank.
I removed him and placed him in qt tank but I don’t know what to do for him??? He hasn’t moved since I placed him in qt. He just lays still on the bottom.
Any ideas?!!

Attachments

• 62758199981__D278BA8F-DA7F-4341-ABA8-21F4DD2D8A7E.MOV
    1.1 MB

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 6 months old. First saltwater tank. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0 nitrates 10. Temp 79.
My striped fang blenny all of a sudden acts larthargic. His breathing seems normal....not labored but he has always been very active, and now he just lays still on the bottom.
He has no signs of ich (all of my fish were quarentine before adding them to the tank). No signs of parasites or abrasions. Tank mates all get along great with zero aggression.
Nothing new has been added to the tank.
I removed him and placed him in qt tank but I don’t know what to do for him??? He hasn’t moved since I placed him in qt. He just lays still on the bottom.
Any ideas?!!
Hmm that is strange... do you have more parameters that you could share? The more the better. Most likely he’s got a disease or is very stressed for some reason. I used to have a midas blenny that would lay under a ledge in the rock work if something was bothering him. Same with my old kamohara blenny. What possible aggressive tank mates are in your tank? Bullying could cause him to be stressed as well. Now that he is in qt he is probably very stressed and if someone was bothering him you will know over the next couple of days because he would perk up if that was the case. If you can give another picture or video it would be easier to tell because that video was not working.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back