Sick twin spotted goby. HELP!

coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help with my sick twin spotted goby. I bought him about a week ago, and now he is swimming at the top of the tank haphazardly. I have a Red Sea Max 130d and I test the water levels weekly, and everything checks out fine. Any advice as to what is going on with my poor goby? I am new to this hobby. Thanks a lot!

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These need a large amount of sand in order to stay healthy. The amount of sand needed is usually more than what's given by the hobbyist.

How long have you had him and is there any noticable signs of stress on the fish itself? Is it getting skinny?

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fish upside down or appear disoriented (having trouble staying upright)?

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a small tank you could keep him in? If not I would keep the lights off and try not to make it nervous. Did you ask the LFS to feed it before you bought it?

juicesay

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do any dips to medicate the fish before you introduced it to your system?

Prazipro, Freshwater, QT the fish in Cupramine? QT will help the fish adapt to your system, as well as remove internal and external parasites.

OP
OP
C

coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little guy is doing much better. He is in a Redsea max 130d with 20lbs of live sand. He is looking healthy and livley now. Sorry about the tardiness and i appreciate your kind advice.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 42 73.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 10.5%
Back