Soft coral help

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this soft coral but I don’t know if it is dead or just stressed. I bought it today and I’m worried about it. Its just bent over like a sad tree but idk. I’m new to this and don’t want to kill the other fish if this coral is dead. Someone please help. Also, what other small peaceful fish can live with clownfish and royal gramma and twin spot goby??
IMG_3280.jpeg
IMG_3283.jpeg IMG_3282.jpeg IMG_3281.jpeg image.jpg

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be a kenya tree? most corals deflate and close up when handled and take a while to reinflate...see how it looks tomorrow

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it needs flow, put it in a higher flow area.

Leathers also like nutrients in the water, and that looks like a brand new tank which is a challenging environment for all corals. What are the nitrate and phosphate levels?

Tank mates depend on tank size, what size is the tank?

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be a kenya tree? most corals deflate and close up when handled and take a while to reinflate...see how it looks tomorrow
It’s morning and still looks the same I’m worried it’s dead

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its far from dead, don't worry. Did you move it to higher flow area? Did you test your nitrate and phosphate? What did you do?

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it needs flow, put it in a higher flow area.

Leathers also like nutrients in the water, and that looks like a brand new tank which is a challenging environment for all corals. What are the nitrate and phosphate levels?

Tank mates depend on tank size, what size is the tank?
It’s a 10 and only have 3 fishes. That’s what the owners of the Temecula aquatics store said and is pretty knowledgeable on the tank sizes and helped me with it. But I tested the water and it’s all fine. I will move it where there is more flow also. I will need to get some glue or putty?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 10 and only have 3 fishes. That’s what the owners of the Temecula aquatics store said and is pretty knowledgeable on the tank sizes and helped me with it. But I tested the water and it’s all fine. I will move it where there is more flow also. I will need to get some glue or putty?
You should not have 3 fish in a 10 gallon, and definitely should not add another. Only one fish should be in a 10 gallon. You will risk aggression, disease, and death with too many fish. Your fish store gave you bad advice.

Glue won't work with this coral because it will just slime off. You can prop it up against a rock, and it will attach itself, or use putty to hold it down somewhere.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its far from dead, don't worry. Did you move it to higher flow area? Did you test your nitrate and phosphate? What did you do?
Ok the coral looks up right now and will be finding another spot for it. I need to get some putty hoping it will stay in place

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not have 3 fish in a 10 gallon, and definitely should not add another. Only one fish should be in a 10 gallon. You will risk aggression, disease, and death with too many fish. Your fish store gave you bad advice.

Glue won't work with this coral because it will just slime off. You can prop it up against a rock, and it will attach itself, or use putty to hold it down somewhere.
I had three I took the damsel out because it was getting a little aggressive so now I only have two clownfish and a twin spit goby to help with the sand

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But a royal gramma wouldn’t be good?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back