Sick Zoa

PaulE61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone got an idea what's going on with this Zoa colony (green ones) it was doing great, but now the polyps are not opening fully and don't look that good, I thought maybe a fish was nipping them but the zoas behind these is doing great.
The only thing that's changed is I turned the light intensity up a little as they were extending for light, I started dosing Redsea KH/Alk as the kh was dropping down to 6.8, I got it to 9.0 now adding 2ml per day (DT 170ltrs) to maintain to around 8.8-9.00 and the phosphate [was] off the scale at about 1.0+ (Hanna checker was out of range) but nothing else seems to be stressing because of it, I'm working on getting it down slowly.
IMG_9173.jpg

OP
OP
P

PaulE61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone got an idea what's going on with this Zoa colony (green ones) it was doing great, but now the polyps are not opening fully and don't look that good, I thought maybe a fish was nipping them but the zoas behind these is doing great.
The only thing that's changed is I turned the light intensity up a little as they were extending for light, I started dosing Redsea KH/Alk as the kh was dropping down to 6.8, I got it to 9.0 now adding 2ml per day (DT 170ltrs) to maintain to around 8.8-9.00 and the phosphate [was] off the scale at about 1.0+ (Hanna checker was out of range) but nothing else seems to be stressing because of it, I'm working on getting it down slowly.
IMG_9173.jpg
Any ideas?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back