Sigma or Tamron macro lense for canon?

RogerWilco357

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
627
Reaction score
5
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I really want to get the L series Canon 100mm Macro lens but that is about A thousand dollars away..till then I was thinking about getting a lens made by Sigma or Tamron in macro fashion..out of the 2 which would you recommend?
 
The non-L canon macro is about $100 more than the Tamron 90mm and the Sigma 105mm. I would get the Canon one.
 
The non-L canon macro is about $100 more than the Tamron 90mm and the Sigma 105mm. I would get the Canon one.

Agreed! I have the non L 100mm canon...awesome lens! Great for macro and portrait photography. Keep an eye out at B&h photo for used lenses.
 
Do you guys have some links to this lens you speak of? Also been researching this for my T1i.
 
I have the t1i with the Tamron 90 macro lens. Did a fair amount of research prior to purchase and the Tamaron is a better lens then the Sigma. The cannon is slightly better then the Tamaron but only a bit. When I made my purchase the Cannon was about 300$ more then the Tamaron.

To give you an idea of the possiblility here is some GSP taken with my t1i and Tamaron lens cropped about 800%. Those little brown hairs not even seen with human eye.

IMG_0483-1.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new