Significant Alk Rise and Calc Drop

reefinginBD

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Messages
705
Reaction score
225
Location
Bangladesh
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank chemistry got messed up in a matter of 2 days out of no where

Mag: 1130
Alk: 12
No3: 1
Po4: 0.07
Ph: 8.3
Ca: 200

I will do a 40% water change tomorrow

Please give me some tips on what to do to fix this high alk while increasing calc

I was dosing all for reef

I had one of my wall frogs die on me in these two days
 
Yes I’m sure , it was at 450 when I started and it quickly started to drop much faster than I expected it was last at 340 and during this time I was dosing all for reef

It was keeping the alk at 9 and mag at 1200 while maintaining 350 ish calc but then suddenly in two days the alk shot up and the calc plummeted

I was sick so couldn’t test the water in the last two days
 
Yes I’m sure , it was at 450 when I started and it quickly started to drop much faster than I expected it was last at 340 and during this time I was dosing all for reef

It was keeping the alk at 9 and mag at 1200 while maintaining 350 ish calc but then suddenly in two days the alk shot up and the calc plummeted

I was sick so couldn’t test the water in the last two days

How fast are you suggesting the calcium dropped from 340 to 200 ppm?

To do so would consume more than 20 dKH of alk, and AFR dosing cannot contribute to that 20 dKH needed. So unless you added a large amount of only alk, it is test error.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new