Simple Mod. = Copepod Explosion.

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,640
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed when cleaning Filter Socks, I had quite a few Amphipods. I installed some Plastic Grommets in the Bottom side of some old Filter Socks, opposite the seam. Amphipods were able to escape, and Filter Socks, still were getting dirty on schedule. Now I have Copepods on the glass of all my Aquariums. Also seeing more Amphipods. Thinking about adding a Mandarin to my 120 Gallon. If they are Compatible with Yellow Watchman Gobies.
Amazon product ASIN B000VL1TIA
 
I noticed when cleaning Filter Socks, I had quite a few Amphipods. I installed some Plastic Grommets in the Bottom side of some old Filter Socks, opposite the seam. Amphipods were able to escape, and Filter Socks, still were getting dirty on schedule. Now I have Copepods on the glass of all my Aquariums. Also seeing more Amphipods. Thinking about adding a Mandarin to my 120 Gallon. If they are Compatible with Yellow Watchman Gobies.
Amazon product ASIN B000VL1TIA
This sounds like a really good idea! A picture would be fantastic!
 
I didn’t take a picture this morning when I cleaned the glass, but it was covered. This is a picture, taken about a week ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 143

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new