Simple Question: Are Bubble Magus Skimmers Junk?

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
1,049
Location
Gilbert, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other thread did not get any spin, mods you can delete my old one, but would really appreciate if anyone with a bubble magus can tell me if their pumps are junk. I was looking into a Curve 9 but my LFS is saying the pumps are miserable and stop working after a few months.

Any thoughts?

Curve 9 or SSS3000INT

1036.jpg


SSS-3000INT_large.jpg
 
I have an older style bubble magus that is comparable to the NC5 and it came with an atman needlewheel pump, it was a pretty nice milk maker and is still running after 3 yrs. However, I think you can get the Reef Octos with the DC pumps that are beasts and draw little power.
 
My brother has a reef octopus diablo and almost threw it in the trash and bought a bubble magus after seeing mine push head 11"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new