Simplicity Dosing Container - Using 1/4" RODI Line? Help!

KENNYSREEF

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
371
Reaction score
155
Location
Mesa, Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container, has anyone used this with 1/4" RODI line or push-to-connnect fittings?

I have Versa Dosing Pumps, so I would like to leverage those without having to change out the current fittings on the versas and make it work with the Simplicity Containers.

Hoping someone @Bulk Reef Supply maybe can assist or @Simplicity Aquatics can assist.

1679327876596.png
 
Update: Looks like 1/4" John Guest Coupling fits on top of the "nipple". Simplicity Customer service notes the sizing is in metric, but very close to 1/4".

BRS websites says 1/4" nipple.
 
Have you tried calling Simplicity? They actually answer the phone and are glad to help.
 
A bit of an old thread, but what did you end up using? I have found that 1/4" quick connect for RO line is too big for the plastic tube in my Simplicity 2L tank, and a 3/16" adapter is too small. I don't think there's anything in between. Not sure if drilling out a 3/16" is viable. What I think should work is a short bit of silcone tubing pushed over the plastic Simplicity tube, and then into a 1/4" quick connect, to which you can attach the RO line. That's what I'll try unless I can't find any around the house, in which case drilling out the 3/16" is something I will likely try.
 
A bit of an old thread, but what did you end up using? I have found that 1/4" quick connect for RO line is too big for the plastic tube in my Simplicity 2L tank, and a 3/16" adapter is too small. I don't think there's anything in between. Not sure if drilling out a 3/16" is viable. What I think should work is a short bit of silcone tubing pushed over the plastic Simplicity tube, and then into a 1/4" quick connect, to which you can attach the RO line. That's what I'll try unless I can't find any around the house, in which case drilling out the 3/16" is something I will likely try.

Again drudging up an old thread but just ran into this exact issue with the supposed 1/4" nipple and a john guest ro/di connector.. Did you end up getting the RO/DI line over the nipple?
 
I ran into this exact same issue. What coupling should I be using?
 
Hello All,

I have the Simplicity 6L Triple Dosing Container, has anyone used this with 1/4" RODI line or push-to-connnect fittings?

I have Versa Dosing Pumps, so I would like to leverage those without having to change out the current fittings on the versas and make it work with the Simplicity Containers.

Hoping someone @Bulk Reef Supply maybe can assist or @Simplicity Aquatics can assist.

1679327876596.png
Here you go...

https://www.morebeer.com/products/duotight-pushin-fitting-8-mm-516-stem-635-14-barb.html
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new