Simplicity skimmer keeps losing water via overflow

menos_el_oso

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank up and running but my skimmer keeps losing nasty stuff via the overflow valve. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to capture this waste? I have tried to take a photo to show the water leaking from the overflow .


20251111_174510_0549ED11-8B8E-4297-A612-F302B9C84983.png

View attachment 20251111_174531_A9086910-9FC4-439C-8061-27264E2C1D4C.mov
 
Thats your drain hole to drain skim mate from your cup should either have a plug or a valve on it mines hooked directly to a emergency overflow for my sump so it doesn't over flow my sump onto floor if something happens
bedbe649-a712-448e-adb1-a3a28eee6265.jpg


Brs and other sites sell skim mate lockers that are seprate containers to alow the skim to drain into them to make it easier to dispose of with out removing cup
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new