Simply 25

PettyReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Start of a fusion 25 lagoon aio

Tank
Innovative Marine

Rock
Simple Tonga branch low structure

Powerheads
Mp10qd x2

Return
Mighty Jet DC pump

Skimmer
Undecided atm

Dosing
Will be running dose for 2part and kalk as well as trace elenents

Lighting
Radios xr15 gen4 pro

Looking to do a high end lps/softie system with maybe a few Sps down the road.

Below I attached a picture of what I have so far for aquascape. Tank is still in the mail but will update once arrived.



IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg
 
I like the rocks, looks like the old Tonga branch rock to me.

Good luck with your build!
 
If you're looking for a skimmer to run, I recently added an Aqua Excel AE-NANO50D to my IM 25g Lagoon because it's the biggest skimmer I could find that fits in one of the back chambers. I had to cut off a tiny plastic holder for the airline tubing and mount it to the side divider rather than the back in order to make it fit, but I'm really happy with it and it's been skimming very reliably. I got it on Alibaba for $63 including shipping and taxes, and it took just under 2 weeks to get here. I also connected a CO2 scrubber to the air intake now that winter is coming and the house will be sealed up tight. Since the skimmer is so cheap, I ordered a second one as a backup, or I could use one in each chamber if I need more air running through the CO2 scrubber.



AE-NANO50D_001.jpg

AE-NANO50D_002.jpg
 
If you're looking for a skimmer to run, I recently added an Aqua Excel AE-NANO50D to my IM 25g Lagoon because it's the biggest skimmer I could find that fits in one of the back chambers. I had to cut off a tiny plastic holder for the airline tubing and mount it to the side divider rather than the back in order to make it fit, but I'm really happy with it and it's been skimming very reliably. I got it on Alibaba for $63 including shipping and taxes, and it took just under 2 weeks to get here. I also connected a CO2 scrubber to the air intake now that winter is coming and the house will be sealed up tight. Since the skimmer is so cheap, I ordered a second one as a backup, or I could use one in each chamber if I need more air running through the CO2 scrubber.



AE-NANO50D_001.jpg

AE-NANO50D_002.jpg
Awesome thank you for the info I’ve been skimming through the list of nano skimmers and this helps out a lot knowing that it fits and is cheaper.
 
I liked the Nuvoskim when I had it. Really quiet and doesn’t stick out of the chamber much. Easy to hide if you want a clean look.
 
Very curious on how running two MP10s will work in the lagoon. I have the same tank and run a tiny hygger powerhead
 
Following along
 
Very curious on how running two MP10s will work in the lagoon. I have the same tank and run a tiny hygger powerhead
Well I was looking in the garage and I found a few Jebao pumps and I’m gonna try them out on the back glass for not and see what it does with the sand and what now. Might decide to go bare bottom but who knows.
 
Welp got the stand at the house
Painted it and reinforced it for tank use

Tonga is currently in a bleach cure to clean it up for the new home

The stand is from IKEA was hard to find something that fits the dimensions for this tank and this cabinet is what I came up with.

Here is what I got so far now



IMG_1092.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg
 
Added braces front and back should be more than enough to hold also added a fur strip under the stand that runs to both front and rear vertical support.

IMG_1096.jpeg

This stand is IKEA
IMG_1097.png


I cut down one of the shelves to 8” and that will be where the doser and other goodies will live. I used what was left of the shelf to cut out the vertical and horizontal supports. Kitchen table is gray so figured I might as well paint it gray. Don’t come at me for the rear cord holes my eye ball was off with those bottom ones smh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new