Single Clown? Or Find a buddy?

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My beautiful Picasso female clown went carpet diving today. I’m not sure how as I have a lid. Perhaps she jumped while I was feeding or something...I have been quite upset about this as I feel somewhat responsible. And well, losing a pet is sad.

Now, my other male is lonely. Should I find him a new mate/buddy? Or leave him as a single for the time being?
My thought is if I can find him a larger mate they might pair up again?

This sucks...almost made me pack it in and sell everything.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has an anemone but has never taken to it.
One of these days he'll figure it out. I've had a pair of clowns for 6 months, just added some new BTAs a few weeks ago and they finally figured out what they were. If you add a second clownfish it might figure out homing an anemone quicker and your other one may follow suit.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got another one after one of mine died. It was dead in less than 24 hours. I tried to pick one much smaller but failed and the female (I think she’s a female) didn’t accept it and killed it.

I’ve decided I won’t be adding another one until the one I have gets a lot bigger, to make sure there is a good size difference with the new one.

OP
OP
BTimms

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got another one after one of mine died. It was dead in less than 24 hours. I tried to pick one much smaller but failed and the female (I think she’s a female) didn’t accept it and killed it.

I’ve decided I won’t be adding another one until the one I have gets a lot bigger, to make sure there is a good size difference with the new one.
That is why I was thinking of trying to find a larger female for him. I’m not sure what to do really.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back