Single frag with briopsis

discostew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i recently fought off Dino’s. I have a healthy gsp on an island glued down. I see 2-3 specs of briopsis i believe in it. Any recs to treat? I wouldn’t want to dose whole tank with fluconazole would squirting peroxide on the frag in tank be okay? I ideally don’t want to take frag out bathe bryopsis is nowhere else.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey i recently fought off Dino’s. I have a healthy gsp on an island glued down. I see 2-3 specs of briopsis i believe in it. Any recs to treat? I wouldn’t want to dose whole tank with fluconazole would squirting peroxide on the frag in tank be okay? I ideally don’t want to take frag out bathe bryopsis is nowhere else.
I have had luck sucking as much out as possible and then treating with peroxide on a cotton swab. With that said, if you see it in your tank, best to completely remove as much as possible, maybe even the frag, if you don't want to be dealing with it spreading.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take out the frag and chuck it. GSP are invasive and super cheap to get more, more money will be spent getting rid of the bryopsis if it does spread

Lividfanatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made that mistake, "oh it is only a little bit on one frag...". Fast forward a year and the tank was covered. Can you lift the rock out of the tank? (sorry not sure what "glued down" means.

My recommendation would be to pull the rock put it into a dry tub or bucket and just squirt your typical H2O2 onto the areas where bryopsis is. Let it sit (not in water) for about 4 minutes and then put it back in the tank. Guessing the GSP will be just fine.

I have heard that people turn off all their flow and use a syringe of H2O2 in the tank to treat it... but results may vary and this approach might not be worth the risk.

Agree with dedragon... keep an eye on it and use caution. Bryopsis sucks.

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I bet there are a lot of people who would say "if I could just go back in time to when the only briopsis I had was on one frag of GSP..."

This isn't fluconazole time. Or time to get cute. It's elimination time.

Then get another frag of GSP for 5 bucks

Wakenbaker420

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with bryopsis right now! It also came in on a frag. I have 130gal and did the manual removal fight for as long as I could. It just kept popping up everywhere. So I started "Reef Flux" on 6/4 and followed instructions very carefully because i have high end sps. Treatment is 14days. I was worried about nuking my tank but so far it is working. Can't find any byrosis at the moment and I had fern bushes of the stuff. The treatment doesn't do anything for the GHA. I'd recommend pulling infected rock/frag and eliminate now or it will spread and nothing will eat it and then you must do treatment. Good luck

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back