Adam's 310 gallon build thread

Lividfanatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey all inspired by Ryan's (from BRS) 360 - I just ordered a custom aquariums 310-gallon tank and stand, a couple of 100-gallon cone bottom water tanks - Cone Bottom Tanks – Flat Top, and a synergy reef 72-inch roller mat sump! Upgrading from an overly engineered 24 gallon (running trident/apex/dos/reactor/fuge/skimmer/ato/LED/nero 3s/etc... hybrid balling method).

Dims: 84L x 30D x 30H

The plan is to picture frame this out in a wall in my basement (renovations starting soon) and build out a fish room directly behind the tank.

Reddit asked me to start a build thread so here we are! I'll be posting pics of my basement as walls go up and equipment shows up. The goal is to have it running by August.

Fish Think Pink

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey all inspired by Ryan's (from BRS) 360 - I just ordered a custom aquariums 310-gallon tank and stand, a couple of 100-gallon cone bottom water tanks - Cone Bottom Tanks – Flat Top, and a synergy reef 72-inch roller mat sump! Upgrading from an overly engineered 24 gallon (running trident/apex/dos/reactor/fuge/skimmer/ato/LED/nero 3s/etc... hybrid balling method).

The plan is to picture frame this out in a wall in my basement (renovations starting soon) and build out a fish room directly behind the tank.

Reddit asked me to start a build thread so here we are! I'll be posting pics of my basement as walls go up and equipment shows up. The goal is to have it running by August.
Keep us posted - this sounds like a dream!!

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score

Sounds like a nice build. On your custom Synergy sump, did you just have them increase the length or did you also increase the width or height?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score

Congrats! What's the time frame on the new tank?

Zoanthids

Would you use biomedia in your reef?

• Yes! In fact, I already do! (Tell us which biomedia you use and share your experience in the thread)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Yes. I would try it. Seems like a good method for nutrient control.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I dunno... I'm still thinking about it, but I have questions. (Post your questions and we'll help!)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No. I don't like it. I use other methods. (Share in the thread)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No. I tried it, and my results weren't what I wanted. (Please share your experience with us.)

Votes: 1 4.0%
Deltec