Dave's Custom 400 gallon tank build

Hello,

Who made the sump? I like the center drain design, my only concern is the sump section looks small for for a larger skimmer with pump?
 
Hey guys! Good news! Got my tank in today! Right before Hurricane Elsa hit too! Lolz
20210706_172012.jpg
 
Hello,

Who made the sump? I like the center drain design, my only concern is the sump section looks small for for a larger skimmer with pump?
Sump is made by acrylic Habitats. The skimmer i have which is a Regal 250 fits perfect. It's a snug fit but it will work.
 
As for the other equipment. Alot em I've already got and will transfer over. I've got going on:

Powerheads:
Reefwave 45
Maxspect gyre xf350 x 2 units
MP60qd x 2 units
MP40qd x 2 units

Return pump:
Ecotech Vectra L2 & Vectra L1

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus Regal 250

Calcium reactor:
Aquamaxx T1 Calcium reactor (rated for 300 gallons)

Lighting: Ecotech RMS rail 96 inch with arms
Or I might hang the light

Radion 3rd Gen Pros x 3 units

Other equipment:
Ecotech Versa 4 unit dosing pump

Santa monica algae surf 4

VCA 1 inch RFG nozzles
I'm loving following your thread, its's looking great. I was wondering if you are still planing on using all this flow on your tank?
 
I'm loving following your thread, its's looking great. I was wondering if you are still planing on using all this flow on your tank?
Sorry for the Delayed response. Yes, I do plan on still using all those Powerheads for Flow. At this moment I don't have enough corals so all the sand just gets pushed around like a sand storm. I will be adding more powerheads at the back soon enough. But more than likely they will only be on very low flow. Thats all.
 
Hey Guys!

Its harder to post on here constantly then I thought. I've done a lot with the tank. Mainly, added more corals and fish. I did end up having some fish losses due to unknown/verified reasons. Hence, giving me a reason to buy more fish and add them to the New build.

Corals have been added to the tank. Mainly LPS and softies. I did add a bunch of SPS Acros but they are all on the Frag Rack right now until I add more Rock into the Middle so that I can Glue them on to the Rock.

Also decided to make the Refugium area of the sump into a Frag area instead. I threw a Radion XR15 down in that Chamber. It will mainly house Softies like Jaw Breaker mushrooms and Bounce Shrooms. Others corals might be thrown down there as well.

I started up a Calcium Reactor which is the Aquamaxx T2 which is rated for 500 gallons. I paired up the calcium reactor with a Versa peristaltic pump and Carbondoser regulator.

There is currently 4 XR30s on the Ecotech RMS rail. It works good so far. I also have MP60QD x 2 units right now. The Return pump is a Vectra L2 and I have a Vectra L1 running a Pentair UV 80 Watt Sterilizer.

I will update more in a bit with Pics and Video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new