xionggotstyle

xionggotstyle

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Hey guys! Good news! Got my tank in today! Right before Hurricane Elsa hit too! Lolz
20210706_172012.jpg

OP
xionggotstyle

xionggotstyle

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Hello,

Who made the sump? I like the center drain design, my only concern is the sump section looks small for for a larger skimmer with pump?
Sump is made by acrylic Habitats. The skimmer i have which is a Regal 250 fits perfect. It's a snug fit but it will work.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
As for the other equipment. Alot em I've already got and will transfer over. I've got going on:

Powerheads:
Reefwave 45
Maxspect gyre xf350 x 2 units
MP60qd x 2 units
MP40qd x 2 units

Return pump:
Ecotech Vectra L2 & Vectra L1

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus Regal 250

Calcium reactor:
Aquamaxx T1 Calcium reactor (rated for 300 gallons)

Lighting: Ecotech RMS rail 96 inch with arms
Or I might hang the light

Radion 3rd Gen Pros x 3 units

Other equipment:
Ecotech Versa 4 unit dosing pump

Santa monica algae surf 4

VCA 1 inch RFG nozzles
I'm loving following your thread, its's looking great. I was wondering if you are still planing on using all this flow on your tank?

AquaSD
OP
xionggotstyle

xionggotstyle

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
I'm loving following your thread, its's looking great. I was wondering if you are still planing on using all this flow on your tank?
Sorry for the Delayed response. Yes, I do plan on still using all those Powerheads for Flow. At this moment I don't have enough corals so all the sand just gets pushed around like a sand storm. I will be adding more powerheads at the back soon enough. But more than likely they will only be on very low flow. Thats all.

OP
xionggotstyle

xionggotstyle

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Hey Guys!

Its harder to post on here constantly then I thought. I've done a lot with the tank. Mainly, added more corals and fish. I did end up having some fish losses due to unknown/verified reasons. Hence, giving me a reason to buy more fish and add them to the New build.

Corals have been added to the tank. Mainly LPS and softies. I did add a bunch of SPS Acros but they are all on the Frag Rack right now until I add more Rock into the Middle so that I can Glue them on to the Rock.

Also decided to make the Refugium area of the sump into a Frag area instead. I threw a Radion XR15 down in that Chamber. It will mainly house Softies like Jaw Breaker mushrooms and Bounce Shrooms. Others corals might be thrown down there as well.

I started up a Calcium Reactor which is the Aquamaxx T2 which is rated for 500 gallons. I paired up the calcium reactor with a Versa peristaltic pump and Carbondoser regulator.

There is currently 4 XR30s on the Ecotech RMS rail. It works good so far. I also have MP60QD x 2 units right now. The Return pump is a Vectra L2 and I have a Vectra L1 running a Pentair UV 80 Watt Sterilizer.

I will update more in a bit with Pics and Video.

Is there such a thing as an "easy" acro?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 82 44.1%
  • NO

Votes: 43 23.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.1%
Ecotech Marine