Single Intake Sump Question

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, my bashsea bio fudge sump just came in and I was wondering everyone’s opinion on splitting the single intake I have coming into my sump to have the water break into both filter sock ports. Just figured the added filtration would be better. My tank is a four foot 90 gallon with corner intake and output.
4A2A55AE-7638-4756-AEA7-9A10E77A322A.jpeg

Any opinions or advice are appreciated!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not know this 'brand' - but - I would suggest - use it as suggested - since it was probably designed to be used in that manner? I mean - some of the DIY stuff - seems to take away rather than add to the original design (I'm not trying to be snarky) - if you liked the design - try it as is - and if it needs tweaking perhaps then? PS - it looks like an awesome sump design - and I had not heard of the brand

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re not adding another drain from tank I’d just run one sock. Cleaning one sock better than cleaning two

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know this 'brand' - but - I would suggest - use it as suggested - since it was probably designed to be used in that manner? I mean - some of the DIY stuff - seems to take away rather than add to the original design (I'm not trying to be snarky) - if you liked the design - try it as is - and if it needs tweaking perhaps then? PS - it looks like an awesome sump design - and I had not heard of the brand
Thank you, I’m very happy with it. I actually did a good amount of research before settling on Bashsea. Unfortunately the first one arrived cracked so I had to reach back out to Premium Aquatics, they responded quickly and reached out to the manufacturer because they sold out of the size I ordered. Turns out they are based in Michigan 30 minutes from my house and instead of shipping again one of the owners delivered the replacement personally. Super happy with both company’s customer service!

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever set this up? I have a sump that has two filter socks but I will only have one drain. And Steve sells some awesome sumps, I wish I could have grabbed one but the guy I was getting a sump from sold it so I had to settle for a trigger, but I might go with a diy 40 breeder sump

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever set this up? I have a sump that has two filter socks but I will only have one drain. And Steve sells some awesome sumps, I wish I could have grabbed one but the guy I was getting a sump from sold it so I had to settle for a trigger, but I might go with a diy 40 breeder sump
Yes my tank is about five days into its cycle. I just used one sock.

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway you could post a picture of your plumbing? Trying to get some ideas as I am leaning towards the 90 gallon with the off-set overflow and converting it to a herbie drain

Back