Single Long Filament on Millepora

SecurePayment

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed an extra long filament on the right side of a mille that I recently put in my tank. It is near the base of the coral and only seems to come out for a few minutes during peak lighting hours and doesn't seem to be irritating the coral. Could this be a hydroid or is this just an extra long PE? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_7695.jpg


 
Hopefully it isn't a coral boring spionid worm. Others here will have a better idea though. :)
I actually had a spinoid worm on one of the branches and ended up fragging it off. It looked like the post you linked with two antennae’s peeking out but the one pictured above is a single long filament that looks different from what I saw previously…hopefully it’s not another one
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new