Single Sunshine Damsel

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I recently added a pair of sunshine damsels to my tank. It's been about a week and now I'm only seeing one. Not sure if the other died and the cuc did their job or what but I don't see him anywhere. Anyway. Since then the other Damsel stays hidden. Before that they were out in the front of the tank. This is my first time with a Damsel. Will he/she get less shy or should I add another? I know a lot of fish do well as a pair or group but I also know damsels can be jerks. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

LAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I recently added a pair of sunshine damsels to my tank. It's been about a week and now I'm only seeing one. Not sure if the other died and the cuc did their job or what but I don't see him anywhere. Anyway. Since then the other Damsel stays hidden. Before that they were out in the front of the tank. This is my first time with a Damsel. Will he/she get less shy or should I add another? I know a lot of fish do well as a pair or group but I also know damsels can be jerks. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Damsels are fine on their own. They may be more agreeable towards other fish when keep alone so if you want to put other fish in the tank then it may be better to have another damsel. Over time yes it will become less shy as all fish do. Up to you if you want to get another one.

OP
OP
Big_Mclargehuge

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to say how big your tank is and what other fish you have in there. Can't say for sure but if the one is hiding there could be something picking on it.
It's a 32 gallon. The only other fish in the tank is a tribal blenny. Pretty sure he's not picking on anything but good point.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back