Sinularia question, with pics

jrock flimflam

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
41
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is a Sinularia. It was in poor shape. Shrunk down, little pin holes in several places, defensive shedding, etc.... took it out and dipped it, and washed off with a strong powerhead. Several weeks later it looks 300% better. Branching oout, color better, etc...
Question is it still has a single pin hole in the center with poop like looking material coming out. Is this this part of its normal anatomy, or did I not get 100% of an internal hitchhicker?
I looked up Sinularia anatomy but found nothing that would explain this.

image-2020-11-28-14-55-01.jpg image-2020-11-28-14-55-06.jpg
 
I believe this is a Sinularia. It was in poor shape. Shrunk down, little pin holes in several places, defensive shedding, etc.... took it out and dipped it, and washed off with a strong powerhead. Several weeks later it looks 300% better. Branching oout, color better, etc...
Question is it still has a single pin hole in the center with poop like looking material coming out. Is this this part of its normal anatomy, or did I not get 100% of an internal hitchhicker?
I looked up Sinularia anatomy but found nothing that would explain this.

image-2020-11-28-14-55-01.jpg image-2020-11-28-14-55-06.jpg
Looks good. I believe you right about sinularia. Its fragging it self. Congrats. You will soon have a clone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new