SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers,

It's me again.

As I've been working on my other two tanks, my daughter wanted a tank in her room. So I came across an aquatop 40 gallon cube tank.

So here is the equipment:

• 40 gallon Aquatop cube tank w/ stand (includes skimmer and pump)
  • Nero 5
  • 150 watt heater
  • 100 watt heater (backup)
  • Dry Rock
  • Live Rock
As I was assembling the tank and accessories, I notice some of the carbon parts and items in the container I notice some yucky stuff so I removed it all to reduce the constant replacement of parts. It will in fact be something I will see my return on investment in not having to buy this stuff constantly. Besides the stuff looked very cheap. I digress back on to the build.

So after putting all this together, I got my RO|DI and saltwater together to start adding water into the tank.

For the rock, I used acrylic rods to hold them in place. You can see my aquascape.

I have everything on and together so now we have to wait about 24 more days before we can start adding soft corals and a couple fish.

I will not use the light that came with the tank. I will use another light Prime 16HD so I can tie in the Nero 5 and the light from one app.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
55824F92-4813-4F79-969F-209B33628688_1_105_c.jpeg

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup, I would go ahead and get a net for that, some fish get jumpy especially when they are new. Ai prime makes great lights you cant go wrong especially if you just have some softies in there. Nice aquascape too!

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 40g cube too!! what is your livestock list? I can't decide what I want...

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 40g cube too!! what is your livestock list? I can't decide what I want...
I haven't decided what I want to go with just yet.

Since this tank is in my youngest room we will probably do the typical fish from finding Nemo with some soft corals and take it from there.

I just picked up another 74 gallon cube that we will start building tomorrow or Sunday. We haven't decided where we will put it just yet, but we will find a spot for it.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice looking tank, have one exactly like it. Your water level is too high, be careful. You want the return pump chamber in the back to be about 6 to 8 inches deep, not full.

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank, have one exactly like it. Your water level is too high, be careful. You want the return pump chamber in the back to be about 6 to 8 inches deep, not full.
Everything in the back is at different water levels. The section where the return pump is located is quite slower. We're still in a first 30 days and when I took the pic I just added more salt water because I wasn't a fan of the water level and trying to get everything situated.

Next week I will probably do a quick water sample to see where my levels are and write them down.

Again thank you for the feedback. Now I need to find another EcoTech Versa Dosing Pump. Seems like we have someone scammers on the board which is unfortunate but Karma is a **** and folks will reap what they sow.

jmi_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking up a 40 cube today. I’m considering also a Nero 5. LPS and softies is what I’m going to put in. AI Prime light as well.

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a while and finally made it to Fish day!

We were and still very excited. I tested my water numbers. I performed my 25% water change. Tested water again and my daughter and I were off to purchase our soft corals and fish.

Still working on what is what but I will share a picture. Not the best picture but at least you get the idea of what we have.

1D93AB21-8A87-4B4F-BC00-89FF1F22D601_1_105_c.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back