Sissortail goby missing, new to the tank

ScubaDiver4Life

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Sissortail goby last Sunday, 6 days ago. I have not seen him in 5 days. Last I saw him he was near a large rock that my watchman goby and pistol shrimp hang out under. I have not seen the watchman or pistol in about 3 days ( not entirely uncommon). I know the sissortails are known for hiding, but for 5 days even during feeding time?

I guess my question is should I be worried? Should I tare my tank to find them?

Perms are good, nitrates are little high, around 35.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
 
It should be fine. They can hide for awhile, until they feel comfortable. What size tank? If it's not too small, adding a couple more makes them more outgoing. Once they get used to tank life, they can be quite bold.

Don't tear apart the tank. If it is hiding, this will only reinforce that it's dangerous out there, and will make hide longer.
 
Thanks for the advice. It's a 40gallon, the sissortail was going to be the last addition to the tank since I'm towards max number of fish suggested.

I'll just sit back and wait.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new