Sixline not eating

Pachiman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

10 days ago I added 2 new fish to my 80 gallon, a bicolor blenny and a sixline wrasse. Aside from those 2 I have 2 clowns and some shrimps/crabs/hermits the standard stuff. The tank is 4 months old.

So my blenny is fine, I see him munching on algae from live rock/glass all the time, looks healthy and active even though he doesn't eat any fish food I throw in the tank so no worries there.

On the other hand, my sixline is as healthy/active as my other fish but since I brought him home he doesn't eat fish food. He cruises around the tank all day so it doesn't look like he is sick but I can't get him to eat.

I feed my clowns one of the 3 following fish foods, all from tropical, once a day:
- 3 algae (algae flakes)
- bionautics (omnivore pellets according to the package)
- freeze dried brine shrimp which I put in water 5 minutes before feeding

So far my sixline isn't interested in any of them. I feed him whenever I see him out, but he just keeps swimming in the tank ignoring the food I throw.

Are there any tips I should consider to entice him to eat? Maybe he is eating copepods or something and he is fine? I don't have bristleworms or anything in the tank AFAIK that he might be eating.

1676598643320.png

OP
OP
Pachiman

Pachiman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever see him going around and pecking at the rocks to look for food? Is he looking thin at all?
Most fish will eat frozen mysis - might be worth a try.
I see him pecking from time to time. Isn't freeze dried brine shrimp like an alternative to frozen mysis?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back