Sixline with shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter James M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My six line is one year old and my large cleaner was in there as long .It has just died I thought it was from old age but now not so sure.I just put a small one in and it was dead ina week and I saw six line trying to eat the dead body.So I don;t think I will put another one unless it is a large one.
 
It depends. If it’s just a six line in the tank and the shrimp, it’s a problem. As they grow they will eventually start harassing the peps, relentlessly. I just caught 3 of the 4 in my frag tanks. I quickly passed two on to a NJ reef club member. The third I put in an isolation box in the tank that housed the remaining uncaught 6 line. Ironically that six line is so busy posturing with the one in the box he’s now completely ignoring the peps in that tank. Lol fish.
 
I got a six line wrasse. I love that fish, But I cant keep any type of shrimp or hermit crab. He does not leave them alone until they are dead.

I was puzzled to why my shrimp kept dying. I kept blaming my inpatients during the acclimation procedure. I tried it one last time. This time I acclimated the shrimp for 3 hrs using the drip method. Everything looked fine. SG was matched and then I introduced the shrimp. He killed one but I was able to rescue the other 3 shrimps and placed them in my sump. I guess I can't have shrimp in my display tank until the six line wrasse is no more. Happy reefing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new