Skimmer 150 gallon tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
825
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Look at Red Sea DC 300 pump with controller, bubble magus curve 7 elite and the Red Sea RSk skimmer

What would you do? Will be a mixed reef / medium bio load - maybe to the heavy side bio load wise
 
You may also want to consider Reef Octopus, Simplicity, and Deltec as well. Good luck with whatever you choose!
 
I was now leaning towards a bubble magus curve 9 elite. I’ll check out those others u mentioned
 
After trying for about 16 months to get a needle wheel skimmer do a good job I discovered Venturi Skimmers. I will never even look at a needle wheel skimmer after using a venturi type. So much better atomization and fractionation of air into the water with various sized bubbles allows greater stripping of nutrients for a cleaner water column.

Here is a thread I made about skimmers and what I think really works based on my experience.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/skimmers-best-of-202x-and-they-are-always-junk.1069631/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new