Skimmer Advise please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bolex
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bolex

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Porto, Portugal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my reasoning, for what it's worth. First off I have no first hand knowledge of Deltec....but I do like the use of DC pumps....the future of aquarium pumps. You don't mention your fish bioload, but at 250 liters and 90 cm long, I wouldn't imagine any crap machines (ie Tangs) in that tank. Accordingly, since the 1351 is rated for twice the volume of your tank, I'd go for that one. The 1456 is rated for four times your volume, and that just seems like overkill.
 
Bigger skimmer its better just in case you decide to go bigger tank later.;) Sorry for my English KJ
 
redfishbluefish I agree with you the 1351 seem the right choice but I already have a BM curve 5 That is rated for 400 liter and I am afraid that it wont change much.
I am so tempted to go with the 1456
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new