Skimmer bubbles are ok?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mogwai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mogwai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
297
Reaction score
283
Location
Brooklyn
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to know if the bubbles being created looked ok and were ok?
I don't have a DC skimmer so adjusting the air to water ratio isn't an option unless I add a airflow valve in which creates too many micro bubbles in the display. Also, no room for the enormous bubble trap they made for this skimmer. Pls let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 20220901_092315.mp4
    45.5 MB
Looks good to me. You have a nice foam at the top. That's what you want to see. I would leave it right there for now. Good tunning in.

There are several types of skimmer methods to create the foam. The most efficient IMO create the most finest bubbles to extract the protein.

Not sure if that's a becket type skimmer, but from the foam it looks like one. Had one for years back in the day. They work but not as efficient as you have to create allot gph to get the right foam and the bubbles are bigger
 
Looks good to me. You have a nice foam at the top. That's what you want to see. I would leave it right there for now. Good tunning in.

There are several types of skimmer methods to create the foam. The most efficient IMO create the most finest bubbles to extract the protein.

Not sure if that's a becket type skimmer, but from the foam it looks like one. Had one for years back in the day. They work but not as efficient as you have to create allot gph to get the right foam and the bubbles are bigger
Thanks! Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB Skimmer I'm using now. Took out the Eshopps Nano Skimmer a couple day ago for this one because I had it sitting on the side until I built a bigger bio-load. Been waiting 4 months to use it. Lol
 
Oh ok. Well it looks like it's doing good job. They are always hard to tune in. You got it right where it needs to be. After some time you can tinker if you want wet or dry foam later for what ever need
 
Oh ok. Well it looks like it's doing good job. They are always hard to tune in. You got it right where it needs to be. After some time you can tinker if you want wet or dry foam later for what ever need
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing about where it is and giving it some more time before tuning it again. I'll adjust the cup up or down as the bio-load increases. Thx for your feedback. Greatly appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new