Skimmer Choices

SoonerBerrios

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
55
Reaction score
23
Location
Tulsa, OK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I currently have a sumpless 40B FOWLR tank. I am currently lightly stocked (2 gold dot maroon clowns, cleaner shrimp and clean up crew). For filtration I currently have an Aquaclear 70 using the foam pad, carbon and LR rubble. I am currently running a Tunze 9004 protein skimmer that keeps either releasing microbubbles or constantly needs height adjustment. I'm thinking about going for a Reef Octopus BH-1000 HOB and returning the Tunze 9004. I want to turn this into a reef tank and don't know if I should upgrade to the Reef Octopus or keep the Tunze (would it be undersized) and deal with the issues. I'm also a little worried about potential overflows on the Reef Octopus. Just wanted to reach out and get some clarity. Thanks!
 
Reef octopus are excellent skimmers I'd recommend them. I've never used the tunze skimmers before.
 
Thanks for the recommendation. Ordered the Reef Octopus today and figured I might as well go larger than currently necessary! :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new