Skimmer fitment redsea 250 reefer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DanH86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level is at the mark on the tube and I have set the bubbles to be just above the start of the neck, so that a layer of foam/bigger bubbles make their way up the neck and pop at the top. Does this sound correct? I’d take some pics except I’m away this weekend!

edit: also running two Red Sea 100micron filter socks which catch a lot of the crud. They get cleaned every 2/3 days. This could also contribute to lack of skim I guess?

DeanoT88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water level is at the mark on the tube and I have set the bubbles to be just above the start of the neck, so that a layer of foam/bigger bubbles make their way up the neck and pop at the top. Does this sound correct? I’d take some pics except I’m away this weekend!

edit: also running two Red Sea 100micron filter socks which catch a lot of the crud. They get cleaned every 2/3 days. This could also contribute to lack of skim I guess?

That sounds perfect Dan!

I'm guessing that because your mechanical filtration prior to water hitting the skimmer is so good. The skimmer is not having to pull out that much ****! If your tank Perms are great and the tank is doing great I wouldn't worry about changing anything. Keep up the routine of changing filter socks etc. Since installing my Clarisea I have found that skimate has reduced! This ties up with your fine filter socks prior to skimming.

DanH86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dean, good to have confirmation that all seems to be running correctly.

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the people with a 250 v3 sump and a rsk300 skimmer - did you have to raise the skimmer? The water level in my skimmer chamber is about 1-1.5 inches higher than the ‘water line’ sticker on the skimmer. If I try and lower the water level using the adjustable baffle before the return pump chamber, the return chamber gets over filled..pics would be helpful if possible so I can try and judge how others are set up!
Nope. Fits perfectly.

20191030_133947.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back