Skimmer for Frag Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter goody
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
194
Location
Carlsbad, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a frag tank. It is 24"x24"x10" and I have a 29g under it for a sump/fuge. I plan on keeping mostly frags of SPS and zoas. I'd like to get some input on what skimmer would be good for this setup. I currently have a Coralife Superskimmer, but don't plan on using it. Probably going to look for something used. Thanks for any input.
 
you putting any fish in it? i would put a fish or 2 in it. you dont need a big skimmer for your tank cause your bio load will be low. on my 40b with 20g sump frag system i had, i used the crappy coralife 150g skimmer and it did its job. any skimmer rated for 100g will work just fine for you since you will have a low bioload.
 
Thanks. I will be putting in 1 or 2 fish. Maybe this should be my question: Which fish instead of which skimmer?
 
Thanks. I will be putting in 1 or 2 fish. Maybe this should be my question: Which fish instead of which skimmer?

What kind of fish do you like? There are all kinds of great fish for a tank that size
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new