Skimmer going crazy

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 24 gallon cube with a fluval nano skimmer, I brought home some fish from the store, and when I floated the bags, the skimmmer went absolutely insane. It’s putting out a lot of micro bubbles and skimming like crazy. Normally the skimmate is dry with small bubbles, not now. Obviously something was on the bags when I floated them. Is there anything I can do or do I just let it settle itself down? The fish, coral and snails are doing fine

OP
OP
D

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm could be weird residue on the bags... or is it a back chamber skimmer? The displacement of the bags could have raised the water past its normal operation level. That would cause it to go wild
I was thinking an odd residue on the bag. Ive added other fish and coral prior and never had this happen.

Lemons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking an odd residue on the bag. Ive added other fish and coral prior and never had this happen.
Hmm, i'd say run some carbon (if you arent already) and maybe be ready to do a 20% WC if things start lookin upset.

Beyond that i would just wait it out :)

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with lemons, likely the raised water level messed with the skimmer. Did you try to tweek it back to normal?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back